Wednesday, May 24, 2023

United Supermarkets Grand Opening Before Sikes Lake Nature Communing


The photo I took of the entry to United Supermarkets does not give any indication as to how packed the store was with shoppers on the store's grand opening day. The store has a huge parking lot, with most parking spaces occupied.

I will go back later today and do some buying. I saw there is a do it yourself grind peanut butter option. 

This new store is a short distance from my abode. Much closer than Walmart. I could easily walk to this store if I wanted to.

After checking out the new United Supermarkets it was the short distance to Sikes Lake I drove. 


The Sikes Lake Green Lagoon, at the west end of the lake, was looking serene and peaceful today.

No wind rippling the surface.

With no wind chill happening, the temperature, nearing 80, felt HOT.


The bloom of wildflowers you see here is at the north end of the lake.

That structure you see above the wildflowers is known as Priddy Pavilion.

Soon once a week a music event will be taking place at Priddy Pavilion. I do not remember if this happens on Thursday or Saturday. The music events draw a big crowd.

No comments: