Sunday, March 5, 2023

Sunday Exploring Lucy Park Backwoods With Mud & No Snakes


Back to the Lucy Park backwoods I ventured on this first Sunday of the third month of 2023. As you can see, recent rain has greened up the ground, but, so far, not much new leaf action.

That aforementioned recent rain did leave a few muddy areas, easily detoured around. I have had a couple sticky incidents with Lucy Park mud in the past. The worst being bike related, coating on so much mud the bike became inoperable.

The outer world is being heated into the high 80s today. So, I kept a careful watch for anything slithering. 

The biggest snake I have ever seen in the wild I saw in the backwoods zone of Lucy Park, a couple summers ago. It was at least six feet long. And thick. It slithered into brush before I could take its picture.

But, I saw nothing reptilian today. Not even little lizards.

More rain is on the weather menu for the coming week. 

No comments: