Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Snow Is Covering My Old Skagit Valley Home Zone


Multiple incoming reports, this morning, from my old home zone of the Skagit Valley, reporting that, by dawn's early light, it was revealed that copious amounts of snow had piled up overnight.

And, that the snow continues to fall as the morning progresses.

The photo above arrived on my phone a few minutes ago, sent by Linda Lou, with the text accompanying the photo saying, "This is what we woke up to today!"

Linda Lou's window on the snow is in Mount Vernon, a short distance from my Favorite Nephew Jason and Spencer Jack's window on the snow.

I only remember one time when the Skagit Valley lowlands had a White Christmas. During that particular incident of the Skagit Valley being blanketed with snow, the aforementioned Linda Lou and I went driving in the snow, with me piloting a 64 Chevy Impala, which was my main means of motorized transport at that point in time.

I remember we eventually reached the little burg of Edison, and for some reason we decided to visit a classmate named Kevin Plambeck. We knocked on Kevin's door and when the door was opened, we were told Kevin was out working in the barn.

We were directed to the barn to locate Kevin. Linda Lou and I were shocked by what we found Kevin doing in the barn.

Kevin was busy castrating piglets. There was a lot of blood, and severed pig parts on the barn floor. The sound of squealing pigs awaiting their turn with the knife was haunting.

Linda Lou and I quickly departed, continuing our slippery drive to nearby Bay View....

No comments: