Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Remembering The Civil War & When Linda Lou Pointed The Way Up South Mountain In Phoenix


 Today is one of the rare times that I remember the memories Google emails me, every day.

The upper left is a Civil War battle reenactment I watched at a battlefield west of Weatherford, or maybe it was the battle I watched southwest of Granbury. What I know for sure is I watched a Civil War battle reenactment on two occasions, one near Weatherford, one near Granbury.

It has been a long time since I have heard of any Civil War battle reenactments. They are a HUGE production. Maybe the people participating tired of doing so.

The memory on the lower right is the Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells. I wonder how the restoration of this giant old hotel is going.

The other three memories are of South Mountain in Phoenix.

At the lower left that is Linda Lou pointing the way to the summit of South Mountain.

The two remaining memories are from the summit of South Mountain.

The last time I spoke to Linda Lou she brought up that memory of being on top of South Mountain, and how we witnessed some trinket selling Native Americans being hassled by incoming park rangers. We found this extremely offputting, at the time, and still do.

I wonder what Google will remember for me tomorrow?

No comments: