Friday, October 21, 2022

Holy Smokes From Nephew Jason In The Skagit Valley


Incoming smoky email from my Favorite Nephew Jason. No text. Just three smoky photos, and an email subject line of "Holy Smokes".

That is the I-5 bridge across the Skagit River you see above. It does not look too smoky.


Another look at the Skagit River, and the bridge across the river connecting Burlington and Mount Vernon. This view is looking east. Under normal clear sky conditions you would be seeing the foothills of the Cascades.

I just realized, from this view, with no smoke, you would also see Hoag Hill, which is in Mount Vernon, a short distance from the bridge.


I can not tell where we are in the above photo, but with the smoky sun in about the same location as the previous photo I assume we are the same location. But, where did the bridge go?

Today we are having a red flag warning day at my current Texas location.

A red flag warning is a wildfire danger warning. High winds today, along with dry conditions and temperatures into the 90s, are what makes for a red flag warning.

No comments: