Monday, February 21, 2022

Google Takes Me Back To White Rock Lake In Dallas


Is everyone with a Google account getting these daily emails purporting to be photos of memories tied to a specific day, which usually make no sense?

At least today I do remember the location in the photos, which often is not the case.

The above are all photos of White Rock Lake in Dallas.

Earlier this century I frequently frequented White Rock Lake and the park which surrounds the lake.

This is an extremely popular location. A paved trail goes all around the lake. It reminded me of Green Lake in Seattle, with White Rock Lake being a bigger lake with a much longer trail around it.

I have roller bladed all the way around White Rock Lake, and Green Lake. White Rock Lake was a bit more challenging to roller blade than the flat trail surrounding Green Lake.

In the photos above I am not certain who that is in the upper right photo. It looks like one of the Goober Twins, but I can not tell if it is Wally or Big Ed.

A dam damming a creek is what creates White Rock Lake. When a lot of rain falls the lake spills over the dam's spillway with a rather spectacular waterfall.

It has been so long I wonder if I could find my way to White Rock Lake again. I think the last time I was there was when mom and dad made their final visit, back in January of 2009.

Go to the White Rock Lake webpage I made years ago and you'll see photos of the various scenes you see at White Rock Lake...

No comments: