Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Walking Lucy Park Before Mashing Yukon Gold At Home

As you can clearly see, I was able to get my phone's Elsie Hotpepper patented selfie filter to work again, after weeks of frustration.

I have decided one of my new year's resolutions must be to be an even more repetitive creature of repeating habits.

And so it was back to Lucy Park today to do a few miles of fast walking with the naked forest of trees.

Today is the last semi-warm day for a few days. A new Arctic Blast is blowing in tomorrow, chilling the air down to well below freezing. Although, this time, I don't think snow is on the menu.

Speaking of the menu. Today for lunch I used the Instant Pot to make the best mashed potatoes I've ever managed to make. I don't know if it was the Instant Pot that made the spuds so good, or that the spuds were buttery Yukon Golds.

Another look at the forest of naked trees, without my face obstructing the view.


In a couple months the above scene will look like a lush green jungle, with the trees full of chirping birds.

Today I watched several squirrels high up in a tall tree, chasing each other from branch to branch. I do not recollect ever seeing this behavior before, so far above the ground. Looked dangerous, but the squirrels looked quite acrobatically talented.

Heard from Aunt Alice this morning, currently stuck on a hill in Eastern Washington, near Tonasket, due to over a foot of snow rendering motorized movement impossible.

Despite reports to the contrary, the Duchess of Appomattox, Madame McNutty, was not stuck in that massive snow caused freeway backup on Virginia's I-95 yesterday.

Winter is only a couple weeks old. Seems like people all over the country are already tired of it...

No comments: