Saturday, January 16, 2021

Save May 1 For Cabo San Lucas CJ & Carissa Weston Wedding

A day or two or three ago I made mention of the fact that so far this new year of 2021 seems to be full of new experiences I have not previously experienced.

Such happened again yesterday when I opened my mailbox to find an invitation to a wedding in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

I have never been to a wedding in Cabo San Lucas previously. Or a wedding anywhere in Mexico.

Late last year I was told I would be receiving a "Save the Date" card in the mail, telling me to save May 1, 2021 so I could be in Mexico for the nuptials of my Favorite Nephew Christopher and my soon to be Favorite Niece-in-Law, Carissa.

I never did receive that "Save the Date" card.

But yesterday's invitation told me everything I need to know, including the formal dress code's color scheme for the actual wedding, and the dress code and color scheme for the pool party after the actual wedding.

I won't need to be buying any new clothes for the actual wedding because the color scheme is earth tones. Earth tones have been my clothing color scheme for decades. The color scheme for the pool party is tropical colors. I have a swimming suit which could pass as tropical, along with an Hawaiian style shirt.

So, I am all set for the color scheme part of this Big Event.

It has been 14 years since I have been to a wedding. That one was in April of 2006. Favorite Nephew Jason's first wedding. That wedding took place in the United States, in the town of Burlington. A passport was not needed. Attending that wedding simply required flying a couple thousand miles.

You can visit the Carissa Mott & CJ Weston Wedding website and see photos of the beautiful soon-to-be bride and my nephew, along with a plethora of details about the wedding...

No comments: