Saturday, September 19, 2020

Saturday Hiking Wichita Bluff Nature Area Jungle With Sunflowers

 


The view you see above, on this 3rd Saturday of the 2020 version of September, is from a high point on the Circle Trail as it circles through the Wichita Bluff Nature Area. Which would make that ribbon of rust, you see meandering through the jungle, the Wichita River.

Currently at my location the outer world is being cooled cooler than I cool my interior space with the air conditioning. Actually, at 66 degrees, that is 12 degrees cooler outside than my air conditioner setting.

A couple of my neighbors have already installed Halloween decorations. I wouldn't think there will be much trick or treating this year, what with the Trump Pandemic still making people sick. 

I do not remember previous late summers in North Texas, with only a couple days before the Autumnal Equinox, also known as fall, with the foliage being so green, and so lushly jungle-like.

Such as what you see below.


A forest of what appear to be sunflowers. Or maybe giant daisies. I wonder when one harvests sunflower seeds. I think it may be easier simply to buy sunflower seeds already harvested and packaged.

No comments: