Sunday, December 17, 2017

Theo & Ruby's Happy Birthday #7

Today is the Happy 7th Birthday of Theo and Ruby, my youngest nephew and niece.

That is Theo and Ruby's favorite uncle between them.

I believe we were at Point Ruston in an ice cream purveyor's shop, the name of which I do not remember. I do remember this ice cream shop was extremely popular, with the line waiting for cones extending out the door, and with the ice cream shop run with regular Pacific Northwest efficiency of the sort I miss when I am at a more moribund location on the planet.

I also remember the ice cream flavors we enjoyed. Theo asked for and got what seemed to me an usual flavor which turned out to taste real good. Lavender.

I got Cascade Wild Mountain Blackberry, which also tasted real good.

Ruby's taste in all things dessert oriented tends to be Chocolate. I did not sample Ruby's exotic choice.

I am almost 100% Theo and Ruby are in Tacoma today for their birthday. Last weekend the twins had an early birthday celebration at the Great Wolf Lodge. If I remember right the Washington version of that lodge is located south of Olympia. I may be wrong about this. I was going to look it up, but forgot.

Today Theo and Ruby came to mind, well, more Theo than Ruby, when I rolled my bike's wheels around Sikes Lake and came to the view you see below.


No, that is not a sandbar formed at low tide on Sikes Lake you see my handlebars pointing towards. That is one of the islands which have appeared on Sikes Lake due to a lack of rain. Some rain fell last night, but not enough to add any water to the creek which flows into Sikes Lake.

Anyway, I saw this sandbar island and thought of sand castle building last summer at Birch Bay. Ruby helped for awhile, but then left to go swimming with Spencer Jack and David. Meanwhile Theo and I kept working on our sand castle until the incoming tide rendered continuing the effort to be impossible.

I suspect the material which makes up this Sikes Lake sandbar is likely not sandcastle worthy building material. It would probably be more of a fun playing in mud type experience...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 
THEO & RUBY!!!

No comments: