Sunday, October 4, 2015

My Favorite Nephew Joey Did Not Hike The Tandy Hills With Me Today

The drought is causing a lot of wilting of the Tandy Hills foliage, that or maybe it is just that wilting Fall time of year.

There are still wildflowers blooming, like this delicate orchid-like five petal beauty you see here.

No. My Favorite Nephew Joey did not go hill hiking with me today.

Joey's grandma asked me if I am going to see Joey whilst he is in town. I do not have an answer to that question.

When Joey and I were exchanging text messages yesterday no mention was made of any free time. Joey is here to work on a sound dimension project of some sort.

Joey said he might take an hour and go see Dealey Plaza today or tomorrow. I assume that means Joey has a vehicle. What Joey does not have is the knowledge of what a challenge it is to find a place to park in downtown Dallas. That, and finding Dealey Plaza. I remember my first attempt, May 8, 1998, was aborted. I found the JFK Memorial, near Dealey Plaza, but not the plaza. Now that I know where Dealey Plaza is it seems hard to understand that I ever had a problem  finding it.

Changing the subject back to the Tandy Hills.

Last week I looked up the hill from the trail I was on and saw what you see below.


Today I decided to take a closer look. It's an odd collection of items. The big thing in the middle appeared to be a sleeping bag. The white thing on the right appeared to be a laundry basket. It looked like the basket was used to carry stuff, some of which was still in the basket. Everything looked like useless junk, not stuff of the sort one might have in an emergency homeless person situation. One of the items was a Christmas tree ornament. A pair of Levi jeans lay crumpled on the sleeping bag.

Anyway, I had myself a mighty fine time hill hiking today. Cool temperatures and I had a couple rare human encounters. Usually I have the hills all to myself.....

No comments: