Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Shadow Of The Tandy Hills Thin Man Was Not Captured On Film Today

My ineptness with using my phone's camera found a new way to be inept today.

I was back on the Tandy Hills, once again parked on the summit of Mount Tandy, for my now regularly scheduled Tandy Hills hill hiking, attempting to reverse the weight gain that yesterday had me plodding like a lumbering walrus when I attempted to jog with the Village Creek Indian Ghosts.

I was on the hills for an hour and a half, give or take a minute or two, today, hiking eight of the Tandy Hills hill climbs. I think that is one more than the number of hills I climb when I visit Rome.

So, I was at the top of one of the hills, and I looked down and saw that the high noon sun was casting a very short shadow.

When I saw the short shadow I thought, well, it's been a while since I took a picture of the Shadow of the Tandy Hills Thin Man.

I took the phone out of my pocket, turned it on, tapped the camera icon, aimed it at the shadow, but I could not see the shadow, all I saw was a mirror reflecting back at me, of me looking at the camera.

Not the first time I have encountered this problem, which is a problem I do not have when I use my digital camera to take a picture of the Shadow of the Tandy Hills Thin Man.

I aimed the camera where I thought it would capture the shadow and took several snaps.

When I got back to my photo processing device, also known as a computer, I used the computer to open the phone files and started clicking on the photos to find no photos of the Shadow of the Tandy Hills Thin Man.

Due to being unable to see the screen in the bright sun, I did not see that the camera was in selfie mode, so when I snapped a picture of what I thought was the shadow, what I was actually taking a picture of was me trying to take a picture of the shadow, which is what you see above, an inadvertent selfie.

Like I said, today I found a new way to be inept with the phone camera....

No comments: