Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Suddenly This Summer A Severe Storm Has Popped Up At My Location In North Texas

I left my abode around 6 to make a quick trip to the Post Office. As soon as my view through the windshield was looking east I saw a massive black cloud looking menacing, spewing lightning bolts that also looked menacing.

I should have stopped to take a picture of the menacing black cloud, but figured that could wait til I got to the Post Office.

But, by the time I got to the Post Office it was too late for a picture of the menacing black cloud because the menacing black cloud was then overhead dropping water in copious amounts, along with those aforementioned lightning bolts.

Then the wind began to blow hard along with the down pouring rain.

I quickly returned to my abode, expecting to find the power knocked out. That expectation was not met.

Yet.

I put my camera under its Popabrella and snapped the picture you see above that does not even remotely due justice to the stormy action the picture should be depicting.

When I woke up my computer to take the pictures off the camera my computer based weather monitoring device was flashing RED. I clicked it to learn....

..SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ADVISORY FOR... SOUTHWESTERN DENTON COUNTY EASTERN HOOD COUNTY WESTERN JOHNSON COUNTY EASTERN PARKER COUNTY EASTERN SOMERVELL COUNTY TARRANT COUNTY EASTERN WISE COUNTY

AT 6:26 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE METEOROLOGISTS DETECTED A THUNDERSTORM OUTFLOW BOUNDARY THAT EXTENDED FROM NEAR HIGHLAND VILLAGE TO NEAR DOWNTOWN FORT WORTH TO SOUTH OF CLEBURNE AND WAS MOVING WEST AT 25 MPH. GUSTY WINDS OF 30 TO 40 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE FROM THIS BOUNDARY.

CITIES IN THE PATH OF THESE STORMS INCLUDE ALEDO...ANNETTA... ARGYLE...AURORA...AZLE...BARTONVILLE...BENBROOK...BLUE MOUND... BOYD...BRIAR...BURLESON...CLEBURNE...COPPER CANYON...CORRAL CITY... CROWLEY...DENTON...DOUBLE OAK...EAGLE MOUNTAIN...EDGECLIFF... EVERMAN...FOREST HILL...FORT WORTH...GLEN ROSE...GODLEY...HALTOM CITY...HASLET...HURST...JOSHUA...JUSTIN...KEENE...KELLER...KRUM... LAKE WORTH...LAKESIDE...NORTH RICHLAND HILLS...NORTHLAKE...PECAN ACRES...PELICAN BAY...RENO...RICHLAND HILLS...RIVER OAKS...ROANOKE... SAGINAW...SANSOM PARK...SOUTHLAKE...TROPHY CLUB...WATAUGA... WESTWORTH...WHITE SETTLEMENT...WILLOW PARK AND CLEBURNE STATE PARK..

VERY HEAVY RAIN AND WIND GUSTS TO 40 MPH ARE LIKELY WITH THESE STORMS.

Currently, about a half hour into this little storm, the rain has let up, the wind has let up, the thunder still booms.

And I have not lost power.

Yet.

No comments: