Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day One Of My New Year's Resolution To Eat Better Exercise More And Cease Being Obese

My primary New Year's Resolution for 2013 is to try and make myself get more exercise, and thus be less of the sloth I was in 2012.

Towards that sloth-less end, today I drove to Oakland Lake Park to walk around Fosdick Lake for the first time in what seems like has been a long time.

The last time I saw Oakland Lake Park the trees still had leaves. Today the trees were totally leaf free.

The temperature was only 2 degrees above freezing when I got myself some much needed salubrious endorphin inducing aerobic stimulation.

Earlier today I drove up to Hurst, for a couple of reasons, one of which was to go to ALDI. Each week the drive through the 820/121 construction zone seems to be more of an adventure than the week before.

Also, earlier today, I learned from Betty Jo Bouvier that the Burlington Belles, including herself, Honey Lulu, Carlotta Camano, Babs Bullock and others are meeting up for lunch tomorrow at an undisclosed location.

I think it is really really rude to mention a lunch party without inviting the person one is mentioning it to. I am almost 100% certain I may have attended this lunch, had I been invited and had I managed to somehow get myself up to Washington by lunchtime tomorrow.

Well, speaking of lunch, I just heard the rice cooker indicate it is done cooking the Jasmine Brown Rice that I am going to smother in a Sweet and Sour Vegetable Ginger Sesame Chicken Peanut concoction.

It is my secondary New Year's Resolution to eat more nutritiously. I am hoping that with better nutrition and more exercise, by the time 2013 ends I will no longer be obese and out of shape. It's a worthy goal.

No comments: