Monday, January 2, 2012

Hunting For Endorphins With The Indian Ghosts Of Village Creek, Elsie Hotpepper, Turtles & Bamboo Teepee Mysteries

Looking At The Village Creek Bayou Through
A Slough Of Brambles
I needed to take my aching body on a gentle walk today. The place that seemed to best fit that need, that existed within a couple miles of my abode, was to go walk with the Indian Ghosts who haunt the Village Creek Natural Historical Area.

Just as I hit the period on the previous sentence, Elsie Hotpepper called.

Now, after 45 minutes of holding my phone to my left ear, with my left hand, that hand is aching.

In other words. I am a mess. A rapidly descending into elderly person type decrepitude mess.

The walk with the Indian Ghosts did make my pains a bit less painful for awhile.

Changing the subject from my abject pain to turtles.

It was not very warm when I walked today with the Indian Ghosts. As in less than 40 degrees. But, even though it was cold I saw a big turtle sunning itself on a big log in the Village Creek Bayou. I don't previously recollect seeing a turtle out in and exposed to such cold temperatures.

Changing the subject from Turtles to Teepees.

Yesterday I mentioned that the long-standing Tandy Bamboo Teepee had fallen sometime between when I saw it around one in the afternoon on Saturday and one in the afternoon on Sunday.

I opined that it appeared the Tandy Bamboo Teepee had fallen due to a vicious attack of sabotage or vandalism.

Then, after that, I heard from someone close to the Tandy Bamboo Teepee that, "The wind did it."

But, I don't see how it could be wind that killed the Tandy Bamboo Teepee. I don't recollect much wind blowing after I saw the Teepee still standing on Saturday. The Teepee stood at the base of a hill, protected from wind by a grove of trees.

Methinks it was not wind that did it. Maybe the culprit was caught on the Tandy Hills security cameras.

No comments: