Thursday, January 26, 2012

Rain Continues On The Final Thursday Of The 1st Month Of 2012 On The Flooded Fort Worth Cowtown Wakepark

I did not realize until I stepped outside to take a picture through the bars of my patio prison cell that it is still raining on this morning of the last Thursday of the first month of 2012.

The weather predictors have predicted rain throughout today. Which explains why it is still raining.

Yesterday I mentioned that the Trinity River flood has inundated the Trinity River Vision Boondoggle's first completed project, that being the much needed, community requested, World's #1 Urban Wakeboard facility, the Cowtown Wakepark.

I saw no mention made this morning in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram regarding the flood damage done to Cowtown Wakepark.

The Currently Flooded  Cowtown Wakepark
However, the Star-Telegraph sent one of its reporters out to check on the flooded Cowtown Wakepark to take some pictures. You can see those pictures in a Star-Telegraph blogging titled "Wanna Wakeboard?"

Maybe the Cowtown Wakepark was designed to easily handle being flooded, which may explain why it looks so shoddy.

I am beginning to suffer the pains that result from no aerobic stimulation. Today I will need to get myself some endorphins, even if I have to acquire them under a bumbershoot.

1 comment:

CatsPaw said...

Ooooh, grab a tube and a cocktail - that looks like FUN!