Friday, March 14, 2008

Jerry Jones, Dallas Cowboys and Human Rights Violations

This morning I got an email from one of the victims of Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboy Stadium Scandal. I think this is either the 3rd or 4th I've received from one of the victims. This email is the first I've gotten from one of those who are still taking Jerry Jones, the Dallas Cowboys and the city of Arlington to court for their crimes against humanity.

Speaking of human rights. A couple days ago I reacted to the U.S. State Department's annual assessment of other nation's human rights performance. I made note that our nation is not exactly pristine in the human rights area. I also mentioned we put too many people in jail for no good reason.

And so what do I read today that supports the idea that we jail way too many people? A guy up in Ness City, Kansas had a girl friend who did not leave her bathroom for 2 years. She spent the last month literally glued to her toilet seat. With her now firmly stuck, the boyfriend finally grew concerned and called for police help. Unable to pry her off the seat they pried the seat off the toilet and took the girl friend and the stuck on toilet seat to a hospital, likely up north in Hays because Ness City is way too small to have a hospital. So, that long-suffering girl friend must have been totally traumatized to be out of her bathroom for the first time in 2 years with a toilet seat stuck to her naked rear riding in an ambulance with strangers for an hour or more.

Now here is where we get to how it is the United States has way too many people in jail. Local prosecutors are considering bringing charges of some sort against the boy friend. In other words you can get incarcerated in America for letting someone sit on a toilet seat for too long.

I just remembered another example that I heard yesterday. On Monday the trial of a woman began in Chicago. Her crime? She had saved up over 8 bucks in change. To teach her kids the goodness of helping others she loaded them into her car and drove to a Salvation Army collection spot. She parked the car, took the 2 older kids with her, left the baby in the car and walked 10 feet, I repeat, 10 feet, to the Salvation Army collector and dropped the change in the collection bucket. Unfortunately a cop saw this act of kindness and ticketed the woman for endangering her baby by abandoning her alone in the car while she walked 10 feet away. The woman faced up to 6 months jail time and a fine. One can only hope that common sense prevailed and a wise judge chewed out the cop and ordered damages awarded to the woman for putting her through such nonsense.

Anyway, below is the email I got this morning from the Jerry Jones/Dallas Cowboy victim:

Due to ongoing litigation I am not able to 'spill all of the beans' that I would like to. But the citizens of Arlington have been duped by the greediest, richest people in the land grab business.

Three months prior to the election, Arlington's highest elected official requested a 'one-on-one' closed door meeting (so that this meeting could be denied in the future) and in this meeting I was asked if 'my people' would be willing to 'donate' our property to this project. I was stopped 'dead in my tracks' on how to respond to such a request. Those of us paying for this monster will never be able to afford to go see a single game.

I don't think they ever believed that my wife and I and another owner would be willing or able to carry this out this far without 'throwing in the towel.' But we are prepared to ride this out until we are victorious!! They have illegally made law to benefit a specific person or entity, law that if you or I requested to use ourselves, would be told this would be illegal to do. But we are dealing with a portion of society that believes that they are above the law and us 'peons' of the world.

This process is just now reaching the level of the first appellate jurisdiction. I am not a lawyer so my understanding of the levels is limited. I am told that after this level is passed, the parties go on to the final level, appeals to the state supreme court, at which we will appeal using a precedent case.

I am told many get discouraged by the time they reach this level. My resolve just seems to strengthen as this reaches new levels.

Charlie S.
Arlington, Texas

No comments: