Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Oklahoma Up In Flames

Just a few days ago I was shocked to learn that a fellow northwest native in exile who moved to the South about the same time I did, me to Texas, she to Oklahoma, is returning to Washington in a month or two.

And then today I got email from the temporary soon to be ex-Okie saying that she and her first husband had been burning stuff, things like magazines. The fire smoldered for a day or two, due to all the magazines. My acquaintance, who insists she not be referred to by name, let's just call her Miss McNoodle. Anyway, Miss M was looking at her airplane tickets when her first husband, let's call him Mr. McNoodle, or Mr. M, shouted that the field was on fire.

The fire spread rapidly. 911 was called. The fire spread to the neighbor's field, trees started burning. Miss M and Mr. M reached what they could with their garden hose and then started beating the flames with a wet towel. Finally multiple fire trucks arrived, but not before several acres were burned.

Miss M sent me several photos of the fire with the strict admonition that I not use the photos on my website. She did not ban me from using a photo on my blog. We must be precise in our verbiage lest we give a weasel wiggle room. She should have told me not to use any of her photos in any electronic media that is viewable to the general public. Live and learn I always say. That and when there is a burn ban in effect don't light a fire.

No comments: