Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Bug-Free Muddy Lucy Park Nature Communing


 It was back to Lucy Park I ventured for the first time since last month, on this second Wednesday of May.

Recent rain has the Wichita River running slightly higher than the norm, as you can see via the look across the Lucy Park Suspension Bridge.

The area I call the Lucy Park Backwoods Jungle apparently was flooded by the recent rain. The grassy undergrowth appeared to be covered in mud, thus not accessible for easy walking.

So, it was on the bug-free paved trails I stayed today. And so far I have made no note of any new bug bites.

The temperature seemed perfect today. Not HOT. Not cold. Simply pleasant with a gentle breeze blowing.

Summer is rapidly approaching, in a little over a month.

I fear this is going to be a record-breaking Summer, heat-wise.

I need to shed some more pounds to rid myself of any extra insulative adipose tissue rendering me cooler than if I still had that extra insulation heating me up...

No comments: