Saturday, January 5, 2013

This Morning I Have Self Diagnosed The Flu As Being My Current Ailment

I read this morning that this flu season's flu epidemic has come on earlier and stronger than is the norm.

Of late every time I talk to my mom I get asked if I've gotten a flu shot yet.

The answer to that question remains, currently, no.

But, this morning, reading about the flu symptoms, I am thinking that it is Influenza which I have been dealing with for the past 20 days or so. All the symptoms match.

Only the version of the flu I have been experiencing is very mild.

I think maybe I have some sort of immunity to the flu which may lessen the severity of a fresh flu virus invasion.

Way back in the 1990s I had the worst case of the flu I have ever experienced. Sickest I have ever been. My skin turned a greenish gray color. I had the shakes, a bad fever, my ears were plugged, I had trouble breathing,  I could not eat, had trouble sleeping.

A living hell.

Then came a Friday morning, after being miserable for I don't know how many days, I woke up and found myself totally symptom free, feeling totally normal.

And really really hungry.

To deal with that hunger I drove up to Bellingham, to the Dickinson's Buffet, because I had an overwhelming craving for their macaroni and cheese and fried chicken.

Currently I know of several people in the D/FW zone who are being made miserable by flu-like symptoms, including Miss Puerto Rico, Elsie Hotpepper, Delores Del Rio and Miss Connie. I may be forgetting a few due to the brain befuddlement that accompanies this ailment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oil of Oregano.