Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hunting For Orgeat Almond Syrup So I Can Make The Durango

I just never know what wonders I am about to behold whenever I log into the wonderment that calls itself Facebook.

This morning, one of the Facebook wonders to behold, came courtesy of Miss Connie, who informed me that an adult libation has been named after me.

The Durango.

The directions that instruct one on how to build oneself The Durango are to be found at a website called Mix That Drink.


Apparently, The Durango is a great adult libation to libate oneself with in the morning. I can not imagine myself having such a concoction in the morning, even with the promise that it gets one going when one needs an extra kick. That's what an extra cup of coffee is for.

The recipe to make yourself The Durango is as follows....

2 ounces Tequila
2 ounces Grapefruit Juice
1/2 ounce Orgeat Almond Syrup or Amaretto
1 teaspoon water
Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice cubes. Pour in your ingredients and shake well. Strain the mixture into an old-fashioned glass.

The most old-fashioned glass that I have in my possession is a Mason jar. Does that work?

2 comments:

cd0103 said...

Mason jars work for everything from Moonshine to Martinis. You are set. Forget the funky almond stuff and get some Amaretto.

cd0103 said...

I just realized this description was perfect for you "sour tempered by sweet..".