Thursday, January 17, 2013

Am I Going To The 2013 Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo Starting January 18 til February 9?

The 2013 Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo starts up tomorrow, Friday, January 18, closing Saturday, February 9.

The last time I went to the Fort Worth Stock Show was back in, I think 2003.

I have watched the Fort Worth Stock Show Parade 2 or 3 times. The Fort Worth Stock Show Parade is one of the best parades I've ever seen.

The trouble with the Fort Worth Stock Show Parade is the time of year the parading takes place.

Winter.

A couple years ago the parade had to be cancelled due to cold, icy conditions. Was that the same year as the Super Bowl snow woes? I don't remember.

On Saturday, parade day, the temperature is currently scheduled to reach a high of 62, starting off with a low of 38. 62 would be a very good parade viewing temperature.

I have only attended the Fort Worth Stock Show Rodeo one time, that being soon after my arrival in Texas, late in the last century. I was still in the midst of suffering extreme culture shock.  I did not care for the rodeo. It takes place in a very antique building built a really long time ago.

I am thinking I'd like to go to the Stock Show this year. Every year I tell myself I'm going to go watch the parade again. And then don't.

To make transiting to the Stock Show and the Stock Show Parade easier, the Fort Worth bus system, known as The T, is providing bus service from two locations,  Ridgmar Mall and Billy Bob's, for only $1, from 10am til 10pm, on Saturdays and Sundays during the Stock Show's run.

I do not know if the $1 is a roundtrip ticket. Or one-way.

1 comment:

cd0103 said...

We watch the parade inside Ochos Locos. We can have drinks, food, and be out of the wind. Quite cozy.
(We used to watch from Billy Miner's, but alas, no longer there)