Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Rainy Start Of The 2nd Sunday Of March Thinking About Dick's Drive-In & Only Children

Looking skyward, via my primary viewing portal on the outer world, we can see it is not sunny on this morning of this 2nd Sunday of March.

A lot of rain has befallen this formerly unsodden part of the planet the past 24 hours.

It is currently 47 degrees, heading to a predicted high of 67, with more rain also predicted.

Speaking of primary viewing portals on the outer world, I don't know what mine is going to look like 5 mornings from now, though I suspect a blue sky will be part of the view.

Changing the subject from my favorite one to hamburgers.

I have not been blessed with sampling one of the burgers that has won any of the local best burger competitions, like Fred's. I have had a Dirty Love Burger at Tim Love's Love Shack and a burger at Kincaid's. I was very disappointed in both, particularly Kincaid's.

This morning the world made a bit more sense when I read that a reader's poll in Esquire magazine had picked Dick's Drive-In as America's best burger joint. The Esquire editors had figured California's In-N-Out or Virginia's Five Guys would be the top burger joint.

But, Dick's Drive-In won with 56% of the vote. I suspect part of this burger landslide could be attributed to the Seattle area's higher than the norm level of literacy and magazine readers.

Pretty much every time I am back in Washington I find myself, at least once, at a Dick's Drive-In for a Dick's Deluxe, Fries and a Strawberry Shake.

Changing the subject from burgers to blog post comments.

Two funny ones this morning. One about the serious subject of the problems with some Only Children, the other another comment to yesterday's blog post about me trashing an awesome industry....

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Only Child Syndrome":

wow...i have a 10 year old only son and i am praying that he can grow up and have normal relationships....man, my work as a mom is even more important than i thought!! being a somewhat non-social person myself, i am going to have to come out of my comfort zone and start having more people come over i guess. lord help us all 

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "I Have Nothing Better To Do Than Trash An Awesome Industry That Employs Millions":

I think I can safely say that I am the most prolific and least intelligent of all your anonymous commenters. None of the anonymous comments in this article are mine. However. 

2 comments:

Steve A said...

I shall have to try In 'N Out. It is hard to believe Dick's beats them other than on price...

Anonymous said...

Looking for info on Kenneth Ray Martin, aka Sonny Pro Bono. This blog came up.