Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Wondering About Green Graffiti On The HOT Humid Tandy Hills With Bubba

Un-Natural  Tandy Hills Manhole Cover & Post
Today whilst wandering the Tandy Hills Natural Area I found myself wondering why manhole covers in the Natural Area have been painted a very un-natural shade of green with what looks like graffiti.

Previously I wondered why the cash strapped, library and pool closing City of Fort Worth spent money sticking green poles in the ground next to the now green manhole covers.

The green poles say "CAUTION SEWER" on them, along with the City of Fort Worth Molly the Longhorn logo.

For years these manhole covers did not have a "CAUTION SEWER" sign by them. Did something change and what is under those manhole covers has become dangerous? Requiring a cautionary warning?

It's very perplexing.

On a related Fort Worth note, someone named Bubba made a comment regarding yesterday's blogging about the Lone Star International Film Festival. I don't know why, for sure, but I found Bubba's comment to be amusing...

Bubba has left a new comment on your post "Up A Creek Did Not Win Best Documentary Short Film...": 

FW and Tarrant county are notorious for overhyping any positives and ignoring or minimizing their deficiencies. And that's a big loss for everybody. 

Changing the subject from Bubba to my favorite subject, that being the temperature and the weather.

Earlier today I said as far as I knew no rain fell yesterday. Well, as I often am, I was wrong. A little rain did fall. But, even though the amount of precipitation was small it was enough to amp up the humidity, with that humidity making it feel HOTTER than the real temperature, as in right now it is 81 degrees in the outer world, but feels like a HOT 83.

I refuse to turn the air-conditioner on in the middle of November. But, if it gets any hotter that resolve may dissolve.

No comments: