Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Walking The Tandy Hills Where I Learned Spencer Jack Was a Railroad Crossing For Halloween

Spencer Jack, 4, showed his love of all things trains Monday
dressing up as a railroad crossing sign, complete with red
lights and the words "stop on red signal" on his shirt.
Whilst walking in a serene section of the Tandy Hills Natural Sanatorium Area today I got a text message from my Nephew Joey, from up in Washington, telling me that there was a cute picture of Joey's Nephew, my Grand Nephew, Spencer Jack, in yesterday's Halloween edition of the Skagit Valley Herald.

I found the picture of Spencer Jack fairly easy. Years ago Spencer Jack's Grandma, my favorite ex-sister-in-law, sent me the login info needed so that I could view the e-edition of the Skagit Valley Herald, which is an exact replica of the print version.

But I long ago lost that login info.

The Skagit Valley Herald started something called goskagit.com which sort of collects all the various Skagit Valley Herald Publishing's publications under one virtual roof. It was via goskagit.com I found Spencer Jack.

Spencer Jack is now 4. When he was younger his hobby was to collect vacuum cleaners. I don't know if Spencer Jack got totally over his vacuum cleaner fixation, but I do know he has added trains to what he likes.

So, for Halloween, Spencer Jack went costumed as a Railroad Crossing.

From His Blog Spencer Jack's
Latest School Picture
I am almost 100% certain the town Spencer Jack is in in the picture is downtown Mount Vernon.

When Spencer Jack's dad, my Nephew Jason, was a kid, his transportation fixations of choice were two things.

The Seattle Monorail and the Washington State Ferries.

By the time Jason was a teenager he'd built a scale model version of the entire Washington ferry fleet. That's a lot of boats. I believe the Washington State Ferry System is the 3rd biggest in the world.

I have seen other train related pictures of Spencer Jack on his blog. I'd give you the link to Spencer Jack's blog, but he only lets you go there by invitation only.

No comments: