Monday, November 14, 2011

Up A Creek Did Not Win Best Documentary Short Film At Fort Worth's Lone Star International Film Festival

Lone Star Film Festival Did Not Show Up A Creek
Fort Worth's Lone Star International Film Festival ends today, Monday, November 14.

The fact that I did not realize this was taking place is a good indicator of how un-festive this film festival is.

It's not like the Telluride, Sundance, Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vancouver or Cannes Film Festivals with a herd of celebrities coming to town.

If I remember right, last year's big deal, at the LSIFF, was low level film star, hometown boy, Bill Paxton, showing up.

The Lone Star International Film Festival rejected the award winning documentary "Up a Creek" from appearing on the roster of films shown this year.

"Up a Creek won the Best Award in some category I'm not remembering, in September, at the prestigious Glen Rose Neo-Relix Film Festival.

It is sort of ironic that Fort Worth's film festival would choose not to show "Up a Creek" due to the fact that it was filmed mostly in Fort Worth and focuses on a Fort Worth issue, that being the Trinity River, deadly flooding and the billion dollar boondoggle known as the Trinity River Vision.

I believe "Up a Creek" will be shown at the Seattle and San Francisco film festivals.

I already told the star of "Up a Creek" that I would go to the Academy Awards, in Los Angeles, with her, if "Up a Creek" gets nominated for Best Documentary Short Film.

I suppose I could be talked into going to Seattle and San Francisco. But not Telluride. The high elevation makes me too dizzy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff Bridges was at the LSIFF last year, along with T. Bone Burnett.

Anonymous said...

And Willie Nelson was as LSIFF this year with T.Bone.

Neither skidded off into the Trinity I am happy to report. Far as I know.

Bubba said...

FW and Tarrant county are notorious for overhyping any positives and ignoring or minimizing their deficiencies. And that's a big loss for everybody.