Sunday, May 2, 2010

TXU & Oncor Energy Service Sucks

Well, I had me a fine, fun Sunday morning. Sometime around 9 this morning my second computer monitor went blank just as I Googled "Bull Freeway" looking for a picture of the bull that terrorized my neighborhood yesterday, shutting down I-30 for an hour or so.

I thought my monitor had died. About 20 minutes later I noticed the little battery power icon was on. It was then I realized the power was out.

This was a bit unusual, as there was no storming going on, no wind, no lightning, nothing.

After about an hour I opened my latest TXU bill and called the number for reporting a power outage. After having a real fine time wading through the TXU auto phone tree deal that uses voice recognition, I finally came to the part where I was asked to say my Zip Code.

I say the Zip Code and am told that Oncor Energy takes care of outages in my area and that I needed to call them to report the outage.

Huh?

Would you not think that since it is TXU that I pay for my electricity that when I call TXU to tell them the power is out that TXU would take it from there? And notify Oncor if that is what is needed?

So, I called Oncor. Another auto phone tree thing. Only this time it said it did not recognize my phone number and to please enter my phone number or my EID number that can be found on my bill.

I hung up.

Then I looked at the bill til I found the EID number. It was very very small and about 30 digits.

I called Oncor back, got to the enter the EID number part and it told me to enter the last 7 digits.

I entered the 7 digits and was then told that the outage had been reported and that a crew was working on the problem.

By then it was around 11. I got out of here and headed to the Tandy Hills for some peaceful relaxation. It was chaos going through my neighborhood powerless traffic lights.

About an hour later I got a call telling me the power was back on.

Now, how did it come to pass that you don't call the business you are paying for your electricity, when that electricity is not being delivered?

Very annoying.

No comments: