Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Jerry Jones & the Dallas Cowboy Stadium Scandal

Both my long time readers may remember me mentioning, a time or two, my total disdain for the way Jerry Jones and the city of Arlington went about building a new stadium for the Dallas Cowboys. It's a scandal of monumental proportions that has not quite entered the national consciousness yet. But, here in north Texas there are many who are quite aware of this corrupt use of the perfect valid concept of using eminent domain to obtain private property for the public good. Here in Texas that legal tool was perverted to steal dozens of homes, ruin who knows how many businesses and kick hundreds out of their apartments. To build a football stadium. For the public good. Public being those who can afford a ticket.

So, there is this brilliant Fort Worth Blogger, no, it's not me. I'm in East Fort Worth. Anyway, this guy named Allen has this brilliant Blog and awhile back, on his Blog, he made reference to my chronicling of the Cowboy Crimes in Arlington. The second 'click here' below in Allen's post goes to the full blown beautifully illustrated rant he's referencing and that would be me doing the ranting in the full blown beautifully illustrated rant.

"The City of Arlington took the homes from their owners. No one had a choice. The homes and apartments were bulldozed, and a new stadium is being built for the Dallas Cowboys. Arlington technically took possession of the land, but the land is now underneath concrete that belongs to Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. Click here for a great analysis of the stadium problem, as blogged by a Houston lawyer. Click here for a full blown beautifully illustrated rant, a diatribe that should make our blood boil. It's a harangue that would cause us all to drive over to Arlington with torches and pitchforks if we weren't a nation of sheep."

This morning I got email from the author of the above paragraph, Allen, he being the brilliant Fort Worth Blogger of a Blog known as "The Whited Sepulchre", pointing me to the illustration of Jerry Jones you see above. Allen told me I could use the beautiful Jerry Jones artwork for whatever purposes I wanted. And so I have.

No comments: