Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Lake Wichita Low Tide Impossibly Digging Clams


With the Lunar Orbiter almost at full moon, it was to Lake Wichita Park I ventured on this Ides of March morning.

That almost full moon was exerting enough pull to draw Lake Wichita to the lowest tide I've seen since seeing Lake Wichita tides.

I am almost 100% the people on the exposed sandbar are not digging for clams or hunting down crabs.


But, if I was in my old home zone of the Western Washington Puget Sound region of the Pacific Northwest, or on one of Washington's Pacific Ocean beaches, I would think it was clam digging taking place, or crab hunting, if I saw a sight similar to the two above scenes.

Clams can happen in fresh water lakes. I remember finding oodles of clam shells on the shore of Lake Joe Pool in Dallas. Extremely small clam shells, so small there would be no meat to eat if one dug a live clam. The Lake Joe Pool clam shells looked liked the Puka shells one gets from the beaches of the Hawaiian islands.


Hitting a high of 82 degrees this afternoon. Methinks a bike ride may happen...

No comments: