Thursday, September 23, 2021

Neon Green Stop At Dry Hamilton Park Doctor's Splash Pad

I think I remember mentioning I got myself a long sleeved t-shirt the same color as my backup bike.

I do not know what the name of this particular color is. Neon green, maybe?

This morning the bike took me north on the Circle Trail.

Since the Hamilton Park Doctor's Splash Pad opened this may have been the first time I have been at this location with no one splashing.

So, I rolled onto the dry splash pad, dismounted the bike and proceeded to try and take a selfie photo in which both my neon green t-shirt and neon green bike showed up.

In bright sun I can not see what is on the phone's screen with any reasonable degree of clarity. So, I snap a dozen pics hoping I get one aimed right. The above is as good as I got.

I've taken to wearing a bike helmet after not doing so for a long long time. A month or so ago someone who was a classmate of mine all the way from grade school through college fell off his scooter, resulting in a bad forehead gash. I saw that and thought that might not have been so bad had a helmet been in play.

So, I got out my old bike helmet, which never felt comfortable, wore it for one ride, got back to my computer and went to Amazon to order a new one, which is what you see on my noggin above. Bike helmets have greatly improved since that old one I bought late in the last century. This new one is so light I don't even notice it. Padding inside the helmet make it comfortable. And multiple vents keep my hot head cool.

I like things which keep my hot head cool...

No comments: