Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Shady Beach Walk To Wichita Falls


On this second Wednesday of the 2020 version of June, what with the outer world breezy and relatively chilly, as in barely in the 80s, I thought a shady walk along the Wichita River, with Wichita Falls as the destination, seemed as if it would be a mighty fine thing to do.

And so it was.

In the first instance of today's photo documenting we are looking north on a Wichita River beach. This is not a wide beach. And not a sandy beach. This beach is more like it is made of hardened adobe.

Today when I left the Circle Trail to walk on the above beach it crossed my mind as to how different I am now than I was when I first began experiencing Texas. Back then walking on a riverside location like this would have, well, un-nerved me. I would have been all worried that a big snake or alligator or tarantula or some other scary critter would attack me.

Since such has never happened in all the years I have been exploring the wild zones of Texas it amused me today to realize how wigged out a location such as this would have made me at another point in time.

About a half mile from the beach location I made it to Wichita Falls. This is a pleasant walk, mostly in the cooling shade of big treees.


One never knows if the falls will be turned on, or not, til one hears the roar of the falling water. As can see, today the falls are turned on.


The above closeup look at the upper falls is what one comes to when one climbs those steps you saw in the previous photo.


After going up one side of the falls I went up the other side, via the serpentine brick trail which leads to a couple overlooks looking over the falls.


The above is the view from above the falls, looking down at the Circle Trail bridge over the falls.

Today I am using the new version of Google's Blogger app. I do not like it. Although there have been improvements since I first tried it. By the end of the month this new app becomes the default, with the option of reverting to the original version.

The older I get the more I like things to stay the same, or at least be an obvious improvement when there is a change. Does this mean I am becoming conservative? What a shuddering thought....

1 comment:

Steve A said...

I have discovered how to use html editing in the New Blogger. When editing a post, there's a "brackets" icon at the right side that toggles html on or off. While I also prefer the "classic" Blogger, I don't think anything previously available is not available in the New Blogger.