Saturday, November 23, 2019

World's Most Unique McDonald's No Longer In Dallas

Years ago, near the start of the current century, I recollect reading of a new McDonald's in Dallas. And that this McDonald's may possibly be the most unique McDonald's in the world.

I was sort of used to Texas style hyperbole by that point in time, so I sort of figured I would be non-plussed when actually eye witnessing this McDonald's.

I remember it was soon after reading of it that I first saw this supposed world's most unique McDonald's.

Well. I was impressed. It seemed to live up to the hype. With me thinking if this is not the world's most unique, it certainly must be one of the world's most unique McDonald's.

And so I made a webpage about it titled World's Most Unique McDonald's 

The webpage soon was getting a lot of page views, which by 2007 was being monetized by Google.

My last time seeing this McDonald's was in January of 2009, when my mom and dad were in the midst of what was to be their final visit to Texas. That is mom and dad, above, posing in their cowboy hats in front of the former World's Most Unique McDonald's.

I say former, because that which made this McDonald's unique no longer exists. I knew something had been changed with it due to previous feedback. Somehow I just thought that this McDonald's had closed, to be demolished for some new project, or road expansion. I did not know the actual facts of the matter.

And then this week I got the following letter, from McDonald's....

Hello. I work for the McDonald's Franchise that owns the McDonald's on Montfort and LBJ in Dallas. The "world's largest Happy Meal." This location was remodeled years ago, years before we purchased it.

While we do love the attention, some of your readers make a long drive to see this huge Happy Meal, only to be disappointed...then they get angry....then they complain. I've had several customer book birthday parties here, only to be disappointed when they arrive to see it is now a regular McDonald's.

Please consider updating this story. Thank You Kindly,

L.W.
Arch Fellow, McDonald's
Community Ambassador

___________________

Arch Fellow? That sounds like something sinister.

So, I altered that webpage, including the letter from the Arch Fellow. And let me say, it was not easy to alter. It has been several years since I have done any HTMLing. And with that webpage, as with most of my others, the HTLMing was done on my old laptop, using the long dead Microsoft web editor called Front Page.

Trying to edit that webpage in a simple text editor wreaked all sorts of havoc, but eventually I managed it.

I wonder what was the reason behind altering the former unique McDonald's into being just a regular McDonald's?

Perplexing...

No comments: