Wednesday, April 29, 2015

How Despicable Is The TRWD's Cowboy Napoleon Jim Lane?

A few minutes ago someone from the TRWD incumbent's side, who is disgusted with the TRWD incumbent's low blow campaign, emailed photos of TRWD incumbent, Jim Lane's, advertisement which appeared in today's Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

The top of the ad is that which you see here, the ad also included an equally large letter from Jim Lane, full of phony umbrage and propaganda twisting of the truth.

Shortly ago I hiked up to Albertsons hoping to acquire this week's Fort Worth Weekly and see the sleazy Jim Lane ad myself.

Well, no FW Weekly yet, and apparently the Cowboy Napoleon ad is not in Star-Telegram editions sent to the east side of town. That or I missed it, which seems as if it would be hard to do, what with it appearing to be a full page ad.

At the bottom of the top part of the ad I can make out it says "An open letter from U.S. Army Veteran and Tarrant Regional Water District Board Member, Jim Lane". Below is the letter....


In the letter the Cowboy Napoleon is full of outrage over the alleged "ruthless" relocation of a World War II veteran and an elderly woman.

Of Monty Bennett, Lane despicably spews "How despicable of you to hunt for dead bodies to bury in the path of the pipeline!"

I have been told that Monty Bennett provided a burial location for a WWII veteran with whom Mr. Bennett was acquainted and who Mr. Bennett knew had no funds for a proper burial.

And regarding the burial of the WWII veteran the despicable Jim Lane says, "And how dishonest of you to do this AFTER receiving formal notice of the water pipeline crossing an uninhabited portion of your weekend ranch. You used those dead bodies only as "props" in your failed injunction to stop the water pipeline."

Lane huffs and puffs that Monty Bennett has committed some sort of cowardly act for which he needs to apologize, saying...

"So, Mr. Bennett, I am asking you and your well-financed slate of candidates (Mr. Bickley and Ms. Von Luckner) to publicly apologize, and to pledge to the voters in the Tarrant Regional Water District to never disrespect our veterans again."

Lane ends his letter by saying of his apology demand that "It is the right thing to do."

Sincerely,
Jim Lane
Vietnam Veteran


Okay, Mr. Lane, I think what actually is the right thing to do is for you to apologize to Monty Bennett, Mr.Bickley and Ms. Von Luckner for your slanderous despicable desperate attack ad. I think Craig Bickley should bring this up at first opportunity at tonight's Fort Worth Business Press TRWD Election Forum in the downtown Fort Worth Central Library.

And does anyone know in what capacity Jim Lane served in Vietnam? I have seen Jim Lane in person a couple times. It is not easy to picture him in uniform. I guess army uniforms must come in all sizes....

4 comments:

Steve A said...

Why did you support Jim Lane over Betsy Price for FW Mayor?

Steve A said...

FWIW, Jim Lane's "Vietnam Service" consisted of defending soldiers accused of atrocities in the MyLai massacre.

Durango said...

Steve A, I don't recollect doing anything supportive of Jim Lane back when he ran for mayor. I remember verbalizing being impressed with him when he showed up to be on a panel that J.D. Granger bailed on. I did not, and don't really like Betsy Price due to her lapdog relationship with Kay Granger, epitomized by her answer when asked why she was running for mayor. "Because Kay asked me to." As for Jim Lane acting as a defense lawyer in the My Lai debacle. I was told of that yesterday after I hit the publish button on this blog post you are commenting on. In the Facebook discussion about this I mentioned Jim Lane's involvement in the My Lai massacre, so to speak. In the years since I was initially impressed with Jim Lane I have heard many things that have changed my mind about him. He's been a little terror to Mary Kelleher.

Anonymous said...

This is Monty "sleazy as f*** " Bennett you're talking about?

I'm not being crass - do a Google search on "Monty Bennett sleaze" and you'll see where the phrase came from.