Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Today PDFing Syndrome Sent Me Up Fort Worth's Stairway To Heaven In Oakland Lake Park

On the left you are looking at Fort Worth's Stairway to Heaven, leading skyward from the west bank of Fosdick Lake in Oakland Lake Park.

My search for Oakland Lake remains futile, after something like six years of searching.

I did not have my regularly scheduled hot tub hydrotherapy session this morning. The sub-freezing temperature was too sub for my delicate temperature sensibility.

By mid-morning I was suffering from a mild case of a misery known as Too Much PDFing Syndrome, so I took a break to go visit the Fosducks and do some high speed stairway climbing to a strain sufficient to aerobically induce natural endorphin sedation.

The flock of Fosducks was very odd today.

The Fosducks were split into two flocks. One flock was in tight formation circling the Fosdick Fountain. A larger flock huddled near the east bank of Fosdick Lake, going in the water, en masse, upon my arrival.


Above you can see the aforementioned east bank Fosduck flotilla escaping from me. As this occurred something very odd happened. As in a cacophony of bird-like tweeting bearing no resemblance to the quacking noise ducks are supposed to make. I heard nary a quack.

Perhaps the extreme cold does something to a duck's quack box, causing the noise made to turn high-pitched.

Anyway, I had myself a mighty fine time walking with the tweeting Fosducks today.

No comments: