Saturday, October 13, 2012

Riding The Rails Around Fosdick Lake In Oakland Lake Park

Til today, after dozens upon dozens upon dozens of walks around Fosdick Lake in Oakland Lake Park it never crossed my mind to wonder why railings have been installed on the edges of the trail.

As you can clearly see, there is no abyss that one might fall in to if not for a railing to keep one on the trail.

I know the City of Fort Worth is flush with funds, and can easily afford to spend money on things that don't seem to make sense, but these railings really perplexed me today.

What also perplexes me is wondering why it never crossed my mind to wonder about these railings until today.

The walk around Fosdick Lake was pleasant, a strong breeze was blowing. At that point in time it looked as if at any moment a downpour might pour down. And now, hours later, the predicted rain has still not arrived at my location on the planet.

Since it is Saturday, and I obsessively follow a precisely repetitive schedule, I went to Town Talk.

Last Saturday was the busiest I've ever seen Town Talk. Today topped last Saturday. Vehicles were parking on the grass, vehicles were clogging the parking lot, circling for an open slot.

Methinks Town Talk needs to expand its parking lot.

Currently, whilst waiting for the incoming rain, the outer world is heated to 81 degrees at my location. The return to highs in the 80s has returned the water in my swimming pool to a pleasant temperature. I had myself a really long swim early this morning. I'm hoping tomorrow morning I'll get to go swimming in the rain. I enjoy swimming in the rain.

No comments: