Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Pleasant Saturday Tandy Hills Hike With My Arizona Sister Til My Mom Interrupted

It looks like the trail I am on on the Tandy Hills leads directly to the stunning skyline of beautiful downtown Fort Worth.

Looks are deceiving in this instance.

Even though it appears that wild prairie continues all the way to downtown Fort Worth, that really is not the case, for the most part.

Is there any other town in America, with a population over a half million, with such large chunks of undeveloped land so near its downtown?

My sister, who is usually in Arizona, rode with me to the Tandy Hills today and then went hill hiking with me til my mom interrupted. At that point my sister left me to enjoy the steam bath alone.

My sister is currently planning to leave Arizona on August 14 to go see our nephews, David and Theo and niece, Ruby Jean. However, my sister may move her flying date forward for two reasons. One is to escape the furnace blast HEAT of the Valley of the Sun. And the second one is that the twins, Theo and Ruby, are looking so darn cute she can't wait to see them.

I am sort of looking forward to seeing David, Theo and Ruby. It's been many years since I have gotten to use my highly evolved uncle skills on new nephews. And I have never ever gotten to use my highly evolved uncle skills on a niece.

And I can't remember the last time I provided piggy back service.

1 comment:

GreenComotion said...

Piggy back is a great service, as an uncle or as a parent or as a sibling or even as a friend.
Enjoy!

Peace :)