Thursday, July 12, 2012

A HOT Walk With The Village Creek Indian Ghosts

Currently my computer based temperature monitoring device is telling me it is 89 degrees in the outer world, at my location, with the humidity making it really feel like 99.

It really felt HOTTER than 99 when I left my abode for my daily constitutional. I was drenched in water leakage even before I entered the outer world today.

I opted for walking with the Indian Ghosts who haunt the Village Creek Natural Historical Area.

As you can see the trees are providing a pleasant level of shade. It was still HOT.

I saw a water snake slithering in Village Creek today. It slithered to fast for me to get my camera out of my pocket and turned on.

A few days ago, when we had a string of days over 100, the water in my swimming pool was starting to get warm enough to not be all that refreshing.

The past couple days the water in the pool has been back being a refreshing level of cool. I suspect this will not last long.

I am thinking of going to Camp Bowie bingo tomorrow. Not to bingo, but to observe and take pictures. I have intended to do this for a long time, but something always seems to interfere.

No comments: