Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Up Late The 4th Tuesday Of 2012 After Republican Debating & Too Much PDFing

Looking closely out at the outer world from my primary viewing portal on this next to the last Tuesday of the first month of 2012, you might guess I am up after the arrival of the sun on this 4th Tuesday of January.

You would be guessing right.

I was up real late last night, well past midnight, obsessed with the complex task of extracting text from a complex PDF document. Eventually I got the task completed and was able to go to bed and get some much needed sleep, much needed because Monday was a very exhausting day.

I am continuing to have a problem with something irritating my vision orbs to the extent that Artificial Tears are required to abate the irritation. I have no idea what irritant is in the air that is irritating my eyes.

The only variable that I know of is in the past week Chesapeake Energy has hydraulically fractured the Barnett Shale at my local neighborhood Fort Chesapeake.

Speaking of Big Brother Chesapeake. My favorite hole pokers have announced they are drastically reducing their hole poking into the Barnett Shale, due to the price of natural gas being at such a low level.

What did Chesapeake Energy think was going to happen to the price of natural gas when the supply was greatly increased by all those new holes poked into the ground all over America? Isn't that covered in Economics 101?

Speaking of Economics. I did not make it all the way through last night's 2 hour Republican Debate. The DVR recorded it, so I can watch the last 45 minutes later.

What I concluded from last night's debate is the more I see of Mitt Romney the less I like him. To me he comes across an an unctuous car salesmen with a tendency towards making low blows, always with a smile on his face. The more I listen to Newt Gingrich the more I like him. Same with Ron Paul. He amuses me. Rick Santorum annoys me and I don't quite know why.

Changing the subject from the ridiculous to my favorite one, the weather.

It is currently 44 degrees in the outer world at my location, heading to a high of 58, today, with rain predicted for today and the following two days. Like I said before, I will believe that when I get wet from something falling from the sky.

No comments: