Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday The 13th Thinking About Not Voting Al Smith For President Because He Is Catholic

It is appropriately very very dark this Friday the 13th, looking out my primary viewing portal on the world, past the bars that surround my secondary viewing portal patio prison cell, at a swimming pool that is currently too cold to swim in.

It is currently 29 degrees in the outer world at my location.

This is the first time, that I remember, since I began obsessively monitoring the temperature around the world, that the temperature at my current location and my old location, in Washington, are the same.

Changing the subject to Mitt Romney. I knew he was a Mormon. I should have guessed, since he is a Mormon, that Mitt Romney has reproduced himself a lot of times.

But I had no idea, til this morning, that there are so many Mitt Romney reproductions. And that they look like clones. I saw a group picture of Mitt Romney and a large percentage of his clones, I mean, sons. Mitt Romney looks like their big brother, not old enough to be the maker of all these reproductions.

I don't know if I got the info on all the sons, but the bios of the ones I read had them all married and busy making reproductions. I saw no photos of the secondary reproductions, so I don't know if they are all Mitt Romney clones too.

I'm not understanding why there is not more of an issue made of Mitt Romney being a Mormon. Has America really gotten totally tolerant? It does not seem all that long ago that a Catholic had a hard time running for President.

I remember when the governor of New York, Al Smith, became the first Catholic nominated for President, in 1928. He lost to Herbert Hoover. I don't remember who I voted for in that election. It was likely Al Smith, because I seldom vote for the winner.

A much bigger fuss was made in 1928, over Al Smith being a Catholic, than the almost zero fuss made over Mitt Romney being  Mormon in 2012.

I have nothing against Mormons, or any religion. I just think it's goofy to believe that Jesus got resurrected in Jerusalem and then made his way over to North America where he preached to the Native Americans, before taking off for wherever it is His heavenly paradise is located.

I wish I could say I am going swimming now.

3 comments:

Steve A said...

Isn't believing in goofy stuff called "faith?" Or is the stuff we believe in called faith while what others believe in is called goofy? Seems to me that we could just as easily be talking about politics or sex as about religion. Have I covered all the touchy areas?

Durango said...

Steve A, I am pretty much faithless so I really have no opinion on these type faithful issues that seem goofy to me.

CatsPaw said...

I believe that with Mormons, the touchy areas are covered by unusual underwear.