Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The 3rd Day Of 2012 Thinking About Paradise & Adolf Hitler

The view is steamy, via the pre-dawn view through my primary viewing portal on the world, on this 3rd day of the 1st month of the New Year of 2012.

I believe the steamy window has been steamed because of the temperature differential between the inner and outer world. I'm almost 100% certain that is the cause, due to it being only one degree above freezing in the outer world at my location on the planet.

My recovery from being in dire pain seems to be nearly complete. This pleases me due to the fact that I am not much of a fan of being in dire pain.

Changing the subject from being in dire pain to being in paradise.

I learned this morning that the Grand Opening of  Paradise Center Bingo is going to be Friday, January 20, 2012 at 7:00 pm.

I hope to be there for the Grand Opening where I hope to irritate the hell out of the difficult to irritate CatsPaw.

Paradise Center is now moved to their new permanent home at 8109 Camp Bowie West Boulevard.

Changing the subject from one paradise to another.

Yesterday's Mount Rainier nightmare, part of which had people stranded for their own protection at the Paradise Inn in Mount Rainier National Park, was yet one more instance where a veteran returned from the Iraq War, in dire need of getting mental health help, did not get the help he needed.

Which brought the Iraq War home to the park ranger, Margaret Anderson, mother of two, shot and killed by Benjamin Colton Barnes, the Iraq War Veteran found dead, facedown, in Paradise Creek.

I suppose the ultimate responsibility for the murder of Margaret Anderson goes to George W. Bush for instigating a war that did not need to happen. But that would be like blaming Adolf Hitler for all the people who died in World War II, which would be so unfair to do.

I am being ironic and sarcastic, to make it clear, for you literal types who need that pointed out to you.

2 comments:

MLK said...

Oh my goodness Durango! Husband and I were taking a drive out HWY 7 to Mt Rainier and decided go to Morton instead, thinking the park would be packed.

Along the way, I had to pull over at least 15 times for emergency and Law Enforcement vehicles. Husband thought it was some sort of drug incident, I said, no, someone, probably a cop was shot.

Glad we decided to go to Morton!

Durango said...

MLK, well you dodged a bullet on that one, I guess. I always thought the road to Paradise and the Paradise Inn was closed in winter, due to the snowpack. I have only been to Paradise during the heat of summer. Being at Paradise with snow would be a really cool thing. In more ways than one.