Friday, November 18, 2011

Walking With The Village Creek Indian Ghosts Thinking About Running Past The Interlochen Christmas Lights With Cori

Otherworldly Red Leaves In
 Village Creek Natural Historical Area
Even though it was only 42 degrees at the time I did so, I did get in the pool this morning. For a short time. And then I retreated to the hot tub.

On my way to Pantego to the ALDI Food Market today I stopped for a walking with the Native American ghosts who haunt the Village Creek Natural Historical Area in Arlington.

Since I last walked with the ghosts the red leaves you see in the picture appeared. My photographer skills do not do justice to how other worldly this plant was looking today.

The paved trail through the Village Creek Natural Area takes you to the Interlochen neighborhood, widely believed by many who live in this parched part of the planet to be the location of the best Christmas lighting displays in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex.

I don't know if it ironic or coincidental, or both, but the first email I saw upon waking up my computer, upon my return, was a comment from Cori asking me about Interlochen.....

cori has left a new comment on your post "Interlochen Christmas Lights Map & Directions": 

Durango!
I am thinking about setting up a little group run with my friends through a Christmas lit neightborhood and interlochen seems to be the best one around, but do you think they would let us in, and would there be too much traffic? I'm not sure of the set up with the sidewalks and what have you. 

Let me know your thoughts and you're of course invited! 

I can not remember the last time I went running with Cori through a neighborhood lit up for Christmas. I don't see why this would not be doable. One would need to find a place to park and assemble outside the Interlochen zone and then jog right past the police directing the traffic.

It has been a few years since I've toured the Interlochen Christmas lights. I think the last time was with Miss Puerto Rico. Those Interlochen lights will be lit up a week from today, that being the day after Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Bubba said...

Cori and his fellow runners should consider the Diamond Loch area in Haltom City and North Richland Hills. The decorations are on a smaller scale but comparable to the way overcrowded and tiny streets in Interlochen. Plus the said neighborhood is right off of loop 820 and Ruff Snow, with lots of parking/staging in nearby parks and schools and churches. And the streets are very wide and thus much safer for walkers/cyclers/runners.

BTW, who is Cori and co. running from?? Do they need some good hiding places, too?