Monday, November 7, 2011

Video Of An Okie All Shook Up By Saturday Night's Oklahoma Earthquake

Okie All Shook Up By Oklahoma Earthquake
If you've never experienced an earthquake I can understand how jarring the first ground shaking experience can be.

Even if you grow up and live long in a location where earthquakes and mountains blowing up is fairly common, an earthquake can still be quite unsettling.

During the 1990s, at my old home location in Mount Vernon, there were a couple years where a lot of very low magnitude shallow quakes took place, epicentered a couple miles east of my abode. I remember being on my waterbed when one of them hit and it quickly became rough water, almost tossing me out of bed. Another time I was in my living room watching TV when one hit, the windows popped and flexed, the tall trees swayed and the tile on my kitchen floor cracked.

The biggest quake I've ever felt was a 6.5, epicentered about 70 miles south of my location in Burlington, Washington. It shook for about a minute. It was difficult to walk. I can't imagine what it is like to be near the epicenter of a strong quake.

Elsie Hotpepper was freaked out by Saturday night's Oklahoma quake. Apparently Elsie was quite badly shaken by it. I've not heard from her since she let me know she was all shook up.

In the video below an Okie is talking about a football game and then the Oklahoma earthquake strikes. I assume this was the big one on Saturday night that shook up Elsie Hotpepper....

No comments: