Saturday, November 5, 2011

Giant Texas Gators Do Not Attend J.D. Granger's Trinity River Vision Boondoggle's Rockin' The River Inner Tube Happy Hour Floats

Giant Texas Alligator
Alma, the Songbird of the Texas Gulf Coast, currently crooning at various venues in the Port Aransas area, sent me an email this morning in which there were dozens of photos that were identified as either REAL or FAKE.

I'd seen some of the REAL or FAKE photos previously. But I'd not seen the photo of the gator being strung up.

The gator photo's caption said "TEXAS GATOR: REAL."

Yikes!

That is one big reptile.

A couple years ago, before it became safe to swim and float in the Trinity River, a 10 foot alligator left the safety of the Trinity River to go for a walk on Trinity Boulevard, slightly north of the river and my abode, where it was hit and killed by a passing vehicle.

It is because of these type tales that when I go on one of J.D. Granger's Trinity River Vision Boondoggle Rockin' the River Inner Tube Happy Hour Floats I super dose myself with alligator repellent.

I super dose with alligator repellent even though I'm sure the Trinity River Vision people put alligator and water moccasin trapping nets on all sides of the Rockin' the River float zones.

3 comments:

Steve A said...

The Fort Worth alligator got hit by a car, but it was the police that actually killed it. Something to keep in mind...

Anonymous said...

Actually, the one in your picture is a mere 13 footer. For the best of what the exciting Trinity river has to offer, check out this 14 footer:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/124398024.html

Makes me want to go inner-tubing at night, without moonlight, alone...

Anonymous said...

Any updates on the rumor concerning the super hefty Star-Telegram writer being pulled from the Trinity River?