Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Cloudy Cold Tandy Hills With The Dallas Cowboy Stadium Scandal Back Haunting Me

The drop in temperature has arrived. It is currently a chilly 61 degrees in the outer world at my location.

The brisk chill made for some brisking hill hiking on the Tandy Hills today.

As you can see, looking west at the stunning skyline of beautiful downtown Fort Worth, there is a layer of clouds blocking the clear blue sky.

The clouds were very interesting looking in the noon time frame. They looked like snow clouds.

Changing subjects from the weather to the Dallas Cowboy Stadium Scandal.

Way back in 2004 when homes, apartments and businesses started being taken from their owners and destroyed, often via abusing the perfectly legit concept of eminent domain, to build a football stadium, I was totally shocked at such thing happening and the idea that a community (Arlington) would go along with doing such a thing to their neighbors.,

I documented the destruction and the building of the new stadium.

Today I heard from someone associated with something called NFL Films. This is what someone asked me...

Hi! I work with the Footage and Photo Acquisitions Department at NFL Films. I am looking to see if I can get copies of the photos on your site that show the demolition of the home in Arlington.  Do you own these photos?  I am looking to possibly license the photos for use in an upcoming segment that will be produced for the show NFL Films Presents. The segment is on Fred Jackson, whose childhood home was demolished. If you do own rights to the photos, I do have a standard release that I can email over to you for your review.

Several years ago a magazine called Backpacker paid me $100 for a photo of a Longhorn surrounded by wildflowers on a hill by Lake Grapevine.

I wonder why, after all these years, NFL Films is going to film a segment about the destruction of one of the homes demolished during the worst abuse of eminent domain in American history?

1 comment:

JJ said...

Hey Durango, Fred Jackson is playing a key role in the success of the NFL's Buffalo Bills. He was born in FW but grew up in the Arlington neighborhood that was located in and around the current Eminent Domain Abuse Stadium. Could be an interesting story, especially considering all the odds that this guy had to overcome in order to compete at the highest level, especially his small stature + playing in a tiny college, not picked by any NFL team, etc.