Saturday, January 15, 2011

Fort Worth's Fosdic Sinkhole Grows Bigger & Now Requires Protective Measures

On Wednesday I was surprised to see a sinkhole forming near Fosdic Lake in Fort Worth's Oakland Lake Park.

Today, as I was on the phone talking to Elsie Hotpepper, who I am happy to report is not saloon hopping on a tropical island, I was surprised to drive in to Oakland Lake Park to see the Fosdic Sinkhole has sunk deeper since Wednesday.

And it is now surrounded by orange and white pylons and yellow crime scene type tape.

As you can see, this sinkhole is nothing you would want to accidentally walk into while you were out on a peaceful stroll.

I have not heard from Sinkhole Expert, Gar the Texan, as to his assessment as to the cause of the Fosdic Sinkhole. I suspect the Fosdic Sinkhole will not grow to Wink Sinkhole proportions. If it did it would swallow Fosdic Lake.

No comments: