Friday, August 28, 2020

Hotter 'N Hell Today With No Hotter 'N Hell 100

Screenshot from my phone on this last Friday of the 2020 version of August.

The Hotter 'N Hell 100 should have been happening now, but it was canceled months ago due to the Trump Pandemic.

If I remember right, and sometimes I do, last year's Hotter 'N Hell 100 was not HOT, with the temperature being in the 90s. With rain, again, if I am remembering right.

108 is a bit warm. Not the hottest I've ever experienced, but HOT enough.

The A/C seems to be working well. It shuts off every once in awhile to take a break.

I have the A/C set at 76.

At my old home location in the Puget Sound zone of Western Washington, an outdoor temperature of 76 would feel like a heat wave.

I recollect way back in the year 2004 I flew up to Washington, leaving a Texas heated into the 100s. I landed at Sea-Tac and upon exiting the airport and feeling the air for the first time, I shivered.

The temperature was in the low 70s.

The person who picked me up that time took me to Tacoma, where I soon found myself waiting outside something called The Queen's Closest. There was a guy painting the outside of the building.

Shirtless.

I was shivering and this guy was shirtless.

Soon I found myself at Fred Meyer's (think Walmart, but way nicer, or it used to be before Krogers bought it) to buy sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

I can not remember when I last felt the need to find my sweatpants. I suspect that need may be arising in a couple months. Sooner if for some reason I find myself up north, in Washington...

No comments: