Sunday, December 17, 2023

Theo & Ruby's Happy 2023 Birthday

This blog post was first posted four years ago, and has been slightly updated for today...

 On this day, in the year 2010, the Mother Ship landed two new inhabitants on this planet.

Theo & Ruby, born December 17, 2010 in Tacoma, Washington.

And now, on this day in 2022, Theo & Ruby are 12 years old, born during the reign of a good president, turning nine years old near the end of a bad president's embarrassing reign.

Theo & Ruby are politically minded, even at their relatively young age. That type thing happens when one is born in many locations in the progressive, liberal, better educated, more modern parts of America, such as Western Washington.

I recollect the last time I was in Washington, summer of 2017, Theo & Ruby directed mama Michele to drive us to downtown Seattle, to a Dick's Drive-In, and to see the Amazon spheres.

At some point on that drive through downtown Seattle we came upon a cluster of protesters protesting some Trump nonsense. One, or both twins, or maybe it was older brother, David, shouted out, loudly, "IMPEACH TRUMP!" I do not remember if the vehicle's windows were open.

From that impeaching shout we can intuit my Tacoma nephews and niece are well informed, and ahead of the times, well, over two years ahead of today's actual impeachment.

What a memorable thing to happen on ones birthday.

Or the day after ones birthday. Just read, this morning, prior to hitting the publish button on this blog post, that the vote to impeach happens tomorrow, not today. But Impeachment Rallies are happening all over America, apparently, tonight.

I suspect Theo & Ruby will be at Tacoma's Impeachment Rally tonight. I hope I get photo documentation.

Today, on Theo & Ruby's birthday let's take a look at some photo documentation I found on my computer, documenting fun times I have had with Theo & Ruby (and David).


In the year 2019, in the month of March, I got to watch Theo & Ruby practice their cowboy and cowgirl skills, on horseback. Good preparation for that day in the future when they visit Texas for the first time.


The twins waving goodbye as they mosey out into the Arizona desert.


I do not remember where the above photo of the twin cutie pies was taken. My best guess would be Birch Bay.


Now, I know where the above photo was taken. This photo was taken during a water balloon battle on the street in front of Aunt Jackie's Chandler abode.


And here we see Ruby & Theo coaxing their uncle to slide down a slide of rollers in a fun park in Mesa, Arizona.


Here Ruby is driving Theo and David in a pedal powered surrey on the paved trail on the Tacoma waterfront.


And now the trio has let me get on board to continue the Tacoma waterfront tour.


Above I know for certain is Birch Bay. Theo is mounting a final defense against the incoming tide. Ruby surrendered a few minutes prior to this and headed to shore. I am hoping to help Ruby and Theo (and David, if he is cooperative this time) build sand castles next summer when we are scheduled to return to Birch Bay, again. And we have confirmed that there will be low tides during our time there.


The last morning of that 2017 summer visit to Birch Bay Theo and I discovered that the elevator took us to a rooftop lookout where we were able to look down on the beach and see the remains of the sand fort we had built the day before. Those remains are visible due left of Theo, in the middle of the sand bar.


The photo above was taken on what turned out to be the funnest day of many fun days we all had that  March in 2019 in Arizona. Here we see Ruby leading us to the park near Aunt Jackie's house. That is David right behind Ruby, and Theo with the basketball. Someone cropped my face out of the photo, but that is me pushing Miss Daisy, also known as Grandma Shirley, behind Ruby.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THEO & RUBY!!!!

P.S.---I forgot to make mention of the fact that
today Theo & Ruby became teenagers!
December 17, 2023

No comments: