Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thanksgiving Week Internet Woes With D/FW Sam's Club Gas Gouging

I forgot about that which you see here til this Thanksgiving morning.

Monday morning my Internet connection ceased working. Calling for Spectrum tech support soon had me driving to the local Spectrum office to pick up a new router/modem device.

The new router/mode device did not fix the problem.

Spectrum then scheduled a tech guy to arrive by around 11 the next morning, that being Tuesday. I was scheduled to head towards the Dallas zone by one that afternoon.

The Spectrum tech guy showed up earlier than expected. The problem turned out to be not an easy fix. All wiring had to be replaced. And so it was, well before my departure time. With the Internet now working I was soon heading southeast via Highway 287.

By around four I was ready to leave D/FW. I stopped at my usual gas fillip location. The North Richland Hills Sam's Club located near Rufe Snow Road and 820.

Gas was $2.10.9. I did not call my mom to tell her I was getting gas.

I was about 10 gallons into the fill up process when I started to think the number I was seeing did not add up. By the time the number of gallons I had pumped reached 9.792 me, with my limited math skills, could see the pump was pumping at a rate well above $2.10.9 per gallon.

I ceased with the pumping and took the photo documentation you see below.


I then went into Sam's Club, to the service desk, to complain. Eventually I got the price difference refunded. But, I detected no sense that these Sam's Club employees realized how serious this type issue is.

I wondered how many of my fellow pumpers, filling up their tanks, paid any attention at all to the number of gallons being pumped and the total being charged. How many people have been gouged in this manner at this Sam's Club?

Or was my experience some sort of one pump anomaly? One would think the Sam's Club employees would have been right on this with some urgency. Coming back with me to the pump in question to see it make the mistake.

And how many people, realizing such a thing will go to the bother of complaining? It is a bit of a pain to do so. It helps when one is feeling righteously annoyed.

And I think I got more refunded to me than the actual overcharge. Slight compensation for the extreme annoyance.

Needless to say, on future trips to D/FW gas will not be pumped at Sam's Club in North Richland Hills.

After the Sam's Club ordeal leaving D/FW I thought I would have some evening commute traffic woes. But those turned out to be minimal. And soon D/FW was fading in my rear view mirror as I watched the sun set, which you see photo documented at the top, as I drive along eating my sushi on a stick late lunch....

No comments: