Thursday, August 20, 2015

Cold Front Brings Big Chill Brrrrr To North Texas

Brrrrr.

66 degrees when I woke up my computer based temperature monitoring device this morning.

Yesterday, late in the afternoon, when I walked up the hill to Albertsons to acquire this week's Fort Worth Weekly, I was surprised by the chill in the air.

I then reached for my phone to check that device's temperature monitoring app to see that 83 degrees was what was making me feel chilly.

Yesterday, in the noon time frame, I drove to Arlington to Sprouts and then to Chinatown to Cho Saigon Market. At that point in time my vehicle's temperature monitoring device was telling me it was still HOT, as in 93 degrees.

At some point in time last night rain began precipitating. During the night the natural air-conditioning had chilled my interior space so much I turned off the ceiling fan.

I was in the pool before the sun arrived this morning. This was the first time in a long time that the water in the pool was warmer than the air. About 20 minutes into pool time rain started dropping. I am not a fan of swimming in a downpour.

I currently have my windows open. I do not recollect ever do this in August during any of my previous Texas summers.

And that concludes today's weather  report....

No comments: