Saturday, May 30, 2015

The Latest Texas Storm Saved Me From Boarding An Ark-Like Cruise Ship

I was having a nightmare about floating away in the ark-like cruise ship you see here when I got an early morning wake up call in the form of strong wind gusts, followed by thunder booming and then rain downpouring.

I am assuming this latest deluge has flooded Quanah Parker Park and Gateway Park, if they were not already closed due to too much water.

Tandy Hills has been out of commission for what seems like weeks, due to excessive wetness.

That leaves only Oakland Lake Park available for a walkabout today, pre going Town Talk treasure hunting.

I imagine Fosdick Lake, in Oakland Lake Park, is in overflow mode, with Fosdick Falls vibrating the ground as it roars over Fosdick Dam.

Today is supposedly the last day we will be subjected to storms, for a few days.

I'll believe it when I see blue sky....

No comments: